I have tons of silver pieces. Inherited, gifted and thrifted pieces that are all so beautiful. We all have them and most of us never use them. I usually look at the tarnish and shove them back in the cabinet because the work and the toxic polishing chemicals needed to get them looking gorgeous again is a huge turn off. Since it’s holiday time and we are hosting a lot of guests I need to break out the silver again but this time I’m not overwhelmed or dreading it. Last spring when I was hosting a tea party for my besties. I looked for better way and I found it! I had my doubts, but every time I searched this method came up. It’s simple, non toxic….and it works! Here are the easy steps to make Grandma’s silver shine again.
1. Line sink with foil shiny side up
2. Place your pieces in the sink
3. Add 1/2 cup salt 1/2 cup baking soda
4. Cover with very hot water and let soak for 30 minutes
5. Dry and lightly buff with clean tea towels